- 166 Winkumpaugh Rd.
- Ellsworth, ME 04605
At The Telephone Museum, the social, technical and industrial history of the wired telephone network is presented in hands-on, interactive exhibits. From the earliest manual switchboards to the most sophisticated electro-mechanical switching systems, the museum displays a timeline of telephone technology. Learn to be a switchboard operator circa 1895, or use a 1950's era dial phone and hear the ringing of real telephones!
- Dates Open: Jul.-Sept.; May-Oct. by appt.
- Hours Open: Saturdays 1p.m.-4p.m. or by appointment or by chance
- Payment Accepts Discover:
- Payment Accepts Master Card:
- Payment Accepts Visa:
- Picnic Area:
- Price Range: $10. adults $5. children under 12; group rates available
- Public Restrooms:
- Seasonal: Seasonal