About Maine Tourism Association
Maine Tourism Association, a private nonprofit membership organization, has been promoting business and leisure travel to Maine since 1921. Originally called the Maine Publicity Bureau, the organization was created “to maintain and operate a bureau and offices for the purpose of acquiring and disseminating information concerning the business interests of the State of Maine”. The Maine Legislature chartered the Maine Publicity Bureau in 1938 to ensure it continued to promote tourism through the publication and distribution of travel information. In 1999 the name was changed to the Maine Tourism Association to better reflect our mission.
Today, the Maine Tourism Association promotes Maine travel in a variety of ways, with the goal of increasing visitation to the state and its more than 1600 member businesses. By banding together with professional leadership and organizations across the State of Maine, we create economic opportunities for our membership and promote the unique quality of the Maine tourism experience.
Maine Tourism Association Advertising Opportunities
Become a Maine Tourism Association Member
Want to become part of the largest member-based tourist organization in Maine? Member benefits include:
- A listing and photo on our website (www.mainetourism.com) with a free link to your site
- A Google mapping feature offering directions to your business on our website
- A listing in Maine's official travel planner since 1933, Maine Invites You, with 300,000 copies annually
- A listing in the eBrochure version of Maine Invites You
- A line listing on our three touch-screen kiosks available to the traveling public 24/7
- An electronic newsletter where members can receive FREE publicity
- Links to your Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social media pages from our website
Maine Tourism Association Legislative Information
The Maine Tourism Association works to ensure our members' best interests are always represented at the Legislature.
Legislative Action Center - Find out and contact your elected officials.
Maine Tourism Association Travel Planners
Maine Tourism Association News
Stay in the loop with the Maine Tourism Association. Follow us on LinkedIn for our most recent newsletters. From special events to travel resources, we’ve got Maine covered.
Have a question about Maine or becoming a member of the Maine Tourism Association? Contact Us!