Industry Resources for COVID-19
& Re-Opening Guidelines
Stay up to date with the latest news from the Office of Governor Mills
UPDATES TO CHECKLISTS AND OPENING DATES ARE GENERALLY POSTED ON WEDNESDAYS BY 5 PM ON THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC AND COMMUNITY DEVLEOPMENT WEBSITE.
RESTAURANTS CHANGES FOR STAGE 2 (updated May 27)
Dine-in restaurant service beginning June 1 is permitted in all counties EXCEPT: York, Cumberland, and Androscoggin. (restaurant checklist, updated May 27)
QUARANTINE INFORMATION (updated May 27)
Out-of-state visitors can come to Maine in Stage 2 (June) and may stay in commercial lodging only if they have already quarantined in Maine for 14 days in a non-commercial lodging place such as a second home.
Beginning in Stage 3 (July), out-of-state visitors are allowed to stay in commercial lodging establishments and quarantine there for 14 days. During the 14-day quarantine, visitors cannot go to places with other people like restaurants, stores, and grocery stores, or pick up take-out. A lodging establishment may arrange for take-out, delivery, or grocery services for the visitors.
Visitors can leave their hotel room or campsite during these 14 days but only for limited outdoor activities such as hiking as long as they are not around other people.
Visitors can stay in Maine for fewer than 14 days as long as they remain in quarantine the entire stay.
Travel Information from the Maine CDC
What do I do if I’m traveling or returning to Maine from out of state?
It is mandated that all out-of-state travelers coming into Maine, as well as Maine residents returning to Maine, complete a 14-day quarantine upon arrival. This means:
- You need to arrive with enough food for 14 days or arrange to have food delivered to you. You cannot go out to grocery stores.
- Stay at home. You cannot go out to public places.
- Avoid contact with others, especially those who are at high risk of severe COVID-19 illness.
There is no order to quarantine for people who make short trips back and forth across the border for work. Travel should be limited to essential trips.
ECONOMIC AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BUSINESS CHECKLISTS
Information below was updated on May 27. For complete listings of checklists and businesses visit the DECD website.
Updates to golf courses and some other Stage 1 businesses can be found here.
Stage 2 Openings (June 1, All Counties)
- Large gatherings (PDF) (released 5/20/20)
- Restaurants (updated 5/27/20)
- Lodging (PDF) (Open to Maine residents and out-of-state residents who have completed quarantine guidelines.) (released 5/20/20)
- Campgrounds/RV parks (PDF) (Open to Maine residents only on May 22. Open to out-of-state residents who have completed quarantine guidelines on June 1.) (updated 5/20/20)
- Day Camps and Summer Recreation (released 5/20/20)
- State Park Campgrounds
- Coastal State Parks, with some services
- Fitness and Exercise Gyms (Opening date to be determined in June)
- All retail businesses
Stage 3 Openings (July 1, All Counties)
- Bars (Checklist coming in June)
- Lodging, such as hotels, campgrounds, summer camps, or RV parks for Maine residents and visitors. The Administration is developing guidelines (e.g. potential testing requirements) to assist them in safely reopening.
- Overnight charter boats, excursions – fewer than 50 people (Checklist coming in June)
- Overnight Summer Camps (PDF) (released 5/20/20)
- Spas (Checklist coming in June)
Read the Restarting Maine’s Economy Plan here.
FAME COVID-19 Relief Loan Programs
FAQ on PPP from the U.S. Treasury
Emergency Loan Guide and Checklist (US Chamber of Commerce)
DECD List of Resources for Maine Businesses
Other Resources & Regulations:
If you are not receiving our weekly industry email updates, please contact Bailey Underhill at email@example.com
We are here to help! Feel free to contact us at:
Tony Cameron, CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-623-5645 ext. 201
Alison Sucy, COO & Director of Government Affairs & Communications: email@example.com or 207-623-0363 x 104
Tricia Cooke, Advertising Sales Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-623-5644
Kathryn Ference, Director of Workforce Development: email@example.com or 207-446-3214
Bailey Underhill, Membership & Marketing Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-623-5642
Heather Velozo, Office Coordinator: email@example.com
Rob White, Director of Facilities and Visitor Center Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org or
207-623-0363, ext 210