The Maine Woods Rambler
- October 20, 2019
- Lily Bay Rd
- Greenville, ME 04441
Kids Route — 1.6 km
Smooth surface appropriate for all bicycle types (balance bikes included) and ages.
Well maintained gravel roads will take you to views of clean lakes and local mountains, including Mt. Katahdin.
(Elevation gain — 1,500ft)
This route circles around the beautiful Roach Ponds on well-maintained gravel roads plus small sections of more rugged terrain. Capture views of Mt. Katahdin and the surrounding western peaks.
(Elevation gain — 2,000ft)
The queen route will have it all and offers riders the best of what Maine’s AMC lands offer. Primarily well-maintained gravel roads, but will also utilize more rugged sections that some riders may feel more comfortable hike-a-biking. Rugged sections are brief but necessary to accomplish the best adventure opportunity! Spectacular vistas of the mountains, lakes, bubbling brooks, and Mt. Katahdin.
(Elevation gain — 5,500ft)
Registration fee – $45
Kids 12yr and under ride for free!
*Registration fee includes ride, Sunday BBQ from 2-4pm, and day use of canoes, kayaks, paddle boards and Medawisla Lodge. Lodging packages include dinners, lodging, breakfasts and trail lunches.
- Camping cost is $20 per tent per night
- Bunkhouse packages start at $55 per person per night
- Private cabins with shared bath start at $73 per person per night, double occupancy
- Cabins with private bath start at $98 per person per night double occupancy.
8 a.m — 100km
9 a.m — 50km
10 a.m. — 30km
11:30 a.m. — kids race
Bike Information And Safety
- Gravel or fat bike (or anything in between) – cyclocross, gravel grind, mountain and fat bikes are suitable for the terrain. The most efficient choice would be a cyclocross or gravel grind bike.
- A minimum tire width of 32c is recommended.
- The course includes some roads open to traffic. ALL riders MUST obey all rules of the road along the course. Ride on the right at all times and single file where traffic is present. Ride predictably.
- Though aid stations are present on the course, riders should carry with them what they need including flat tire repair kits, tools, parts, and nutrition.
- Presented By: Medawisla Wilderness Lodge & Cabins - AMC
- Dates: October 20, 2019
- Location: Medawisla Wilderness Lodge & Cabins - AMC
- Phone: (207) 358-5187
- Time: Start times: 8 a.m — 100km 9 a.m — 50km 10 a.m. — 30km 11:30 a.m. — kids race
- Price: Registration fee – $45 Kids 12yr and under ride for free! *Registration fee includes ride, Sunday BBQ from 2-4pm, and day use of canoes, kayaks, paddle boards and Medawisla Lodge. Lodging packages include dinners, lodging, breakfasts and trail lunches.