North Pole Express
- 12/7/2019, 12/8/2019, 12/14/2019, 12/15/2019, 12/21/2019, 12/22/2019
- 586 Wiscasset Rd., Rt. 27
- Boothbay, ME 04537
Boothbay, Maine: The popular North Pole Express returns to Boothbay Railway Village on Thanksgiving weekend and continues every weekend through December 22nd.
SPECIAL PROMO: BE THE FIRST!
Santa has an extra gift waiting for all of the good little boys and girls who visit the North Pole early! Mention this promo when you arrive with your ticket on November 30th or December 1st to receive your special gift. (Valid for Nov 30 and Dec 1 only, one gift per child).
Event Dates and Times:
SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS | NOV 30 – DEC 1 | DEC 7 & 8 | DEC 14 & 15 | DEC 21 & 22
Festivities and grounds open from 9:45 am – 4:00 pm
Train departures run 8 times each day | 10 AM | 10:45 AM | 11:30 AM | 12:15 PM | 1 PM | 1:45 PM | 2:30 PM | 3:15 PM
Start your adventure inside the historic 1912 Freeport Station, writing your letter to Santa near a cozy wood stove.
Train conductors will call “All Aboard” and everyone, young and old, will board the train to the North Pole. Settle into a comfortable seat in the classic passenger car or our “Little Red Caboose” No. 551, built in 1904.
Round the tracks through the winter wonderland of forest and historic village to the ‘North Pole’ where a very special guest in a red suit with a jolly belly will jump aboard to greet you! Every child will receive a special keepsake to help spark the magic leap to the North Pole.
After meeting the “big guy” in person the train will whisk you back to the station where multiple festivities await:
● Visit the Spruce Point Chapel for a storybook reading
● Cozy up at the Bonfire on the Village green
● Experience the vintage holiday display inside the Harrington House Barn decked out 1940’s style
● Stroll over to the 1847 Boothbay Town Hall for hot chocolate and homemade treats while enjoying the Museums’ own locomotive holiday display under the Village Christmas tree
● Design your own vintage-inspired holiday ornament to take home
● Weather permitting, the exhibits on the Museum’s lower campus will be open for exploring
- Presented By: Boothbay Railway Village
- Dates: 12/7/2019, 12/8/2019, 12/14/2019, 12/15/2019, 12/21/2019, 12/22/2019
- Location: Boothbay Railway Village
- Phone: (207) 633-4727
- Price: Standard tickets are $21 for attendees three years and older. Museum members receive a $4 discount per ticket. Children under 3 years of age do not require a ticket; however, they must sit on an adult’s lap. Tickets sell out early and advance purchase is