Culinary Walking Tour - Portland Old Port
- April 2, 2018 - May 31, 2018
- Kiosk available at Vervacious, 227 Commercial St. or tickets available online
- Portland, ME 04101
Eat and drink like a local on a Maine Foodie Tour! A deliciously educational and entertaining outing in Portland's historic Old Port.
The true culinary culture of a town is more than sit-down dining experiences. It is the small artisan shops, the bakers and candy makers, markets and more where creativity and taste meet.
On our popular Culinary Walking Tour you'll taste a sweet and savory variety of classic Maine and inspired dishes and creative fare. There’s plenty of rich local history and points of interest to dish about between samples, so don’t be surprised when we pause along the tour route and share some facts with you! We like to ensure our guests receive a well-rounded tour experience, leaving us fuller and wiser.
WHAT'S BEING SERVED:
Tour itineraries are not set in stone, but this list will give you the gist of what to expect for tastings. We like to mix it up, so other samples may be included and/or substituted.
- Freshly baked lobster mac and cheese with a selection of small batch spices
- Hot, steamy soup with local ingredients
- Popular Thai dessert with a healthy and Maine twist
- Savory crepes
- Maine craft beer, honey wine and/or soda
- A modern needham
- Locally sourced cheddar, bacon 'n chive sconewich
- Handmade donuts
We can accommodate for many allergies or dietary restrictions, so please note those of any in your tour group when creating your booking.
- Duration: 3 hours appx.
- Walking: 1 mile appx.
- Wear: Weather appropriate clothing and your walkin’ shoes
PRIVATE TOURS FOR GROUPS
Book this itinerary, or one like it, as a private tour for your corporate event or special occasion if you have a minimum group of 8! Complete our private tour request form on our website, or give us a call, to make an inquiry for your next event!