This event usually takes place on the first Friday and Saturday of December.
The Cornish Association of Businesses (CAB) sponsors this charming, all ages. The event is held in historic Cornish Village located in the scenic Western mountain and lakes region of Maine on Route 25 — 30 miles West of Portland and 9 miles East of the New Hampshire border. (See a map here)
Each year, this FREE community event starts off the weekend features a tree lighting Friday and activities continue on Saturday.
This community event generally features* (Come back closer to the event for more detailed information):
- Day One:
- Local shops and restaurants offing goodies and discounts
- Reading of popular Holiday themed book at Bonney Memorial Library
- Tree lighting with free goodies, hot cocoa, and a community sing-a-long of the season’s classic songs
- Day Two:
– The Polar Express Trail†
Children who have a ticket will be able to visit participating businesses where they will make or pick-up a craft and get their ticket punched.
- Local shops and restaurants offering goodies and discounts
- Craft fairs, bake sales and luncheons to support local non-profits
- Open House at the Historical Society with Christmas Treats
- Children young and old can tell Santa their gift wishes
We hope you come visit during this time and enjoy the beauty the area and what our town’s renown hospitality.
†This event is not associated or supported by the writer or publisher of The Polar Express.
- Presented By: Cornish Association of Businesses
- Dates: 11/30/2018, 12/1/2018
- Location: Cornish
- Phone: 207-625-4993
- Time: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Price: Free